- The Best Nespresso Compatible Capsule
- 1. Peet’s Coffee Best Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 2. Lavazza Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 3. Starbucks Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 4. Cap’Mundo Paris Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 5. L’OR Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 6. Gourmesso Trial Bundle Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 7. Pressogno Coffee Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 8. Il Caffé Italiano Coffee Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 9. Caffe POMPEII Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- 10. Solimo Nespresso Compatible Capsules
- Best Nespresso Compatible Capsules Buying Guide
The best Nespresso compatible capsules listed below has been selected by MyFriendsCoffee because of its exceptional taste, variety pack, and experience of customers.
Currently, Nespresso coffee machines are widely used because they provide two important benefits to every coffee lover.
Firstly, these machines brew coffee very quickly, and secondly, they prepare an extremely tasty product. This is probably why Nespresso compatible capsules are becoming more and more popular and more people than ever are buying them to make their morning cup.
Due to the growing popularity of these machines, capsules have more diversity than ever before. Although this is a very good development, it can also be difficult for coffee drinkers to decide which capsules are best. To help them, I discovered the best Nespresso compatible capsules in 2020.
The Best Nespresso Compatible Capsule
OUR TOP PICK
Best for Espresso
From Light to Dark Roast
Best Product Preparation
Best Environmentally Friendly
Therefore, it’s hard to choose only the best product from the market. Everyone has different reasons for buying Nespresso pods. To help make your choice easier, we have organized the Nespresso compatible capsules by value for money. Here are the MyFriendsCoffee’s top 10 best Nespresso compatible capsules 2020:
1. Peet’s Coffee Best Nespresso Compatible Capsules
Want to buy the best Nespresso compatible capsules on Amazon? Then look no further than Peet’s Cofee.
Immerse yourself in deeper darkness with the sophistication and nuances of Peet’s signature dark espresso in comfortable capsules that go with Nespresso Original machines. Each capsule delivers high-quality product customers expect from Peet’s.
Capsules are hermetically sealed to preserve aromas and provide a more intense sensation of espresso, as well as a thicker, smooth and creamy foam. They offer stable brewing, precise stretching and more consistent interaction with Nespresso coffee machines
Discover 4 of our dark, rich espressos: Nerissimo, Ristretto, Crema Scura, and Ricchezza. This set contains 10 cardboard boxes for each of the varieties of coffee capsules.
2. Lavazza Nespresso Compatible Capsules
Will Lavazza capsules work in Nespresso? The answer is yes.
Lavazza capsules, compatible with Nespresso Original machines, are sealed with foil for freshness and ease of puncture, the shape and size correspond to the original capsules.
A varied package includes 60 capsules of their 5 popular varieties of beans:
- 20 capsules of Nespresso dark roasted coffee mix Lavazza Armonico Espresso (shades of toasted cereal and caramel);
- 10 capsules of Nespresso decaffeinated Lavazza Decaffeinato Ricco Espresso with dry fruity notes and aromatic notes;
- 10 capsules Nespresso Lavazza Avvolgente Lungo dark roasted drink (shades of coffee and spices);
- 10 capsules Nespresso Lavazza Leggero Lungo medium roast (fruit and floral notes);
- 10 capsules Nespresso Lavazza Deciso Espresso dark roast (notes of cocoa and wood).
Try different varieties of the product and discover your favorite dishes from a variety of roasted, delicious and rich selections.
3. Starbucks Nespresso Compatible Capsules
The same high-quality Starbucks coffee you know and love is now made by Nespresso so you can enjoy it at home. Plus, these capsules are made of aluminum for guaranteed freshness of the drink.
Enjoy five of Starbucks’ favorite foods with this variety. Options are included from Starbucks Blonde Roasts to dark roasted ones: Starbucks Blonde Espresso Roast, Pike Place Roast, House Blend, Colombia of the same name and Caffè Verona.
Like all Starbucks home-made coffee products, Starbucks Nespresso capsules are made from 100% Arabica, grown using environmentally friendly methods.
Nespresso Original machines create a dense coffee foam that retains the aroma of each coffee blend. In addition, they have a pressure of 19 bar, so you get fresh aromas and rich taste of real espresso.
4. Cap’Mundo Paris Nespresso Compatible Capsules
A bit about the founder of Cap’Mundo:
Olivier Briois has been improving his capsule technology at Cap’Mundo’s Paris offices for almost a decade. As a coffee connoisseur, his goal has always been special: to develop capsule technology that matches the exceptional signature coffee brands he loves. With his haute couture IML capsule, he finally achieved this goal.
Each Cap’Mundo capsule begins with the highest quality green coffee beans. The company only buys beans from the latest harvest because of their excellent taste. They pay 2-3 times more per pound of their raw coffee than the average French roaster, which ensures that consumers get the best.
The company works with the same farmers from year to year to maintain their consistency and quality.
Each Cap’Mundo blend is perfected by their second-generation French roast master. In his small monastery in Strasbourg from the 1880s, long before the fine baking, a branded product was produced. He slowly roasts each mixture for 15 minutes or more, while typical coffee roasts for 5 minutes.
This gives Cap’Mundo a complete and complex flavor that is simply impossible to achieve using faster industrial roasting methods.
5. L’OR Nespresso Compatible Capsules
The L’OR Variety Pack includes a variety of flavors and intensities of espresso to suit every taste. Choose from piquant Satinato, sophisticated Columbia, spicy or Absolu, powerful ristretto or intense onyx.
L’OR will go well with milk or with any of your favorite non-dairy creams to enjoy latte, americano or cappuccino!
Immerse yourself in the L’OR Espresso gold standard, which is compatible with the Nespresso Original.
The product is sealed in aluminum capsules, maintaining quality, freshness and intensity. Discover the enchanting scent and rich L’OR cream.
100% UTZ Arabica certified roasted and ground beans grown in accordance with sustainable production methods. Espresso LOR Capsules may be recycled with Terracycle after use.
6. Gourmesso Trial Bundle Nespresso Compatible Capsules
Imagine a moment of rest on your busy day, enjoying a cup of espresso – a dark golden brown color with full and long-lasting cream.
Gourmesso specializes in such moments.
The guys perfected their craft of personalized espresso to satisfy the individual taste of each client.
Purchasing products that are sold at a fair price, like most Gourmesso espresso capsules, ensures that farmers, organizations, and families in the supply chain are ensured fair trading practices. You can drink coffee from them, being sure that your purchase has a positive effect on the social, economic and environmental communities from which it comes.
Gourmesso selects only eco-friendly, high-quality coffee beans to create amazing blends in easy-to-use disposable coffee capsules.
The capsules were designed for OriginalLine Nespresso machines and tested on all available models throughout the development process, but they will NOT work on VertuoLine Nespresso machines.
7. Pressogno Coffee Nespresso Compatible Capsules
This pack of coffee bags has an excellent selection of special Pressogno capsules that will bring you a wonderful and balanced product. It is fried in a specially developed process of long frying, getting the aroma typical of high-quality espresso.
The coffee is 100% natural, contains no preservatives, sugar or artificial flavors and is individually packaged to ensure maximum freshness.
The beans are freshly ground and immediately filled into capsules under strictly protected conditions. Capsules are sealed with nitrogen to ensure its freshness for at least 12 months. The capsule shells are made of food-grade polypropylene, which is safe for food. The company manufactures their casings in an FDA approved environment and they do not contain toxic halogens, bisphenol A (BPA) or phthalates.
You will get 60 best Nespresso compatible capsules in three different flavors at an affordable price. The guys sell directly to their customers and do not use expensive marketing campaigns.
Swiss Pressogno capsules are compatible with all OriginalLine Nespresso machines: Essenza, Citiz, Pixie, Lattisima, U, Gran Maestria, Inissia. But the capsules may not be compatible with Vertuoline machines.
8. Il Caffé Italiano Coffee Nespresso Compatible Capsules
Caffè Italiano offers a high-quality product made from selected beans obtained almost exclusively from a tropical belt located at the equator. The two types of coffee beans used to make blends commonly found on the market are arabica and robusta. The intensity of the product is 12 out of 13 (95% Robusta – 5% Arabica). Caffè Italiano Coffee gives you pleasant shades of chocolate and a thick cream!
Capsules compatible with OriginalLine Nespresso, Nescafe Dolce Gusto Circolo, Jovia, MiniMe, Genio, Esperta Krups Piccolo, Krups Melody 2, Krups Creativa, Krups Fontana, Krups Melody 3, Krups Oblo, Krups Drop, De Longhi Stelia are characterized by their aroma enclosed in a cup of intense dark and creamy espresso, ideal for lovers of real Neapolitan coffee, with a pleasant bitter and intense taste.
Roasting takes place in Italy according to the tradition of a certified company founded in 1870.
9. Caffe POMPEII Nespresso Compatible Capsules
The coffee beans Caffe POMPEII are carefully selected, mixed and roasted to perfection. The beauty and poetry of this process involve all the senses and acumen of coffee lovers. Opening the Caffe POMPEII espresso capsule takes you to a whole new world!
Caffe Pompeii capsules are available in well-known combinations: ATENA, PENELOPE, CIRCE & POLIFEMO Decaf.
ATENA Forte – strong taste, full-body, persistent aroma, strong cream with bronze color, 20% arabica, 80% robusta.
PENELOPE Espresso – the taste of espresso, medium body, intense and sweet aroma, delicate cream with golden color, 50% arabica, 50% robusta.
CIRCE 100% Arabica – Delicate taste with distinct shades of caramel and cocoa, high body density, fruity and spicy aroma, thin foam. POLIFEMO decaffeinated 100% arabica with a fruity and slightly spicy taste, balanced body, intense and slightly spicy aroma, exquisite cream.
Each capsule is packed in a special envelope that guarantees timely freshness and aroma as if it had just been fried. The product is ideally compatible with all Nespresso machines.
Make POMPEII espresso part of your daily ritual to enjoy espresso.
10. Solimo Nespresso Compatible Capsules
Amazon Solimo’s proprietary brand offers the most affordable Nespresso compatible capsule set. This diverse packaging of plastic capsules is one of the cheapest on this list, but it also has 50 capsules!
Roasted and ground coffee capsules, which are 100% Arabica, have a sweet taste and a very mild flavor that will surely delight you in the morning!
This product has been grown by UTZ certified farmers who implement the best farming practices, with respect for people and the planet.
I recommend storing Solimo Nespresso in a dry and cool place to maintain the shelf life of the product. The coffee itself is stored in a protective atmosphere to guarantee the freshness and intensity of Solimo Nespresso.
Best Nespresso Compatible Capsules Buying Guide
Nespresso Compatible Capsules Benefits
- Capsule coffee does not lose its qualities (its taste and aroma remain the same), in contrast to a grain or ground product after opening the package.
- Making coffee in a capsule type machine takes no more than a minute. For this, the capsule is sent to a special compartment of the device, a mug is placed on the pallet, the necessary recipe is selected and the start button is pressed.
- Coffee in capsules eliminates the need to carefully measure and compress the product, as required by the carob. The quality of the drink prepared from the capsules will be the same, regardless of who prepared it: a barista or a novice who first uses a coffee maker.
- Capsule-type coffee maker does not need filters and washing the bowl: the used capsule is simply removed and thrown away. Caring for such a device is surprisingly simple. It includes simple operations to add water, empty the capsule container, automatically rinse the device and occasionally wash it with a specialized solution.
- Capsule-type apparatuses are compact, economical, convenient and easy to use. Their discreet classic design fits perfectly into both home and office interiors.
- Any capsule coffee machine has its own resource, designed for a very certain number of prepared servings. Subject to the recommendations of the manufacturer of capsular coffee makers, you can use it for ten years. Devices of this type are characterized by low noise levels (unlike ordinary coffee machines, grinding coffee beans before preparing a drink). This is an important quality for an office in which a large number of employees prepare coffee for themselves throughout the day.
- In capsule coffee makers there is an option for making tea. Manufacturers offer a huge assortment of capsules with different varieties of natural loose tea. To prevent the coffee aroma from mixing, rinse the coffee maker before changing the drink. To perform this operation, which takes a couple of minutes, just click the appropriate button.
- To expand the flavoring line, manufacturers introduce various components into capsules. In addition to the standard “espresso” these days you can buy capsules, which, thanks to the additives contained in them, are intended for quick preparation of “cappuccino” and other delicious drinks. Even coffee connoisseurs will appreciate their taste. Cremesso brand capsules allow you to make several varieties of espresso, the strongest ristretto, a decaffeinato decaffeinated refreshing drink and a whole range of coffee types (9 tastes in total).
- The flavoring line of Nespresso manufacturers has already 16 flavors, the strength of which is evaluated on a ten-point scale. Among them are seven varieties of espresso (from soft to ristretto of maximum strength), three varieties of soft coffee Lungo and three types of elite espresso “pure origin” (from Colombian, South Indian, and Brazilian Arabica).
Nespresso Compatible Capsules Disadvantages
With all this, they have two very big drawbacks.
- If you were only sticking to Nespresso brand coffee bags, you would have a very limited selection of brews to try. Of course, they periodically show new varieties for a month or so, but they usually have only about 30 options to choose from. This applies to all their cooking styles, meaning you can only have five espressos, several caffeine-free products, several flavored varieties, etc. However, trying to use some Nespresso-compatible capsules solves this problem, giving you access to an almost unlimited variety of varieties of beans.
- Cost is another serious drawback of Nespresso capsules. On average, each capsule from Nespresso costs from 0.70 to 1.10 dollars. Although cheaper than Starbucks coffee, using it can get expensive pretty quickly, especially if you like to drink a few cups a day, like most Americans, because studies show that those who drink four cups per day have a 64 percent lower risk of mortality. On the other hand, Nespresso-compatible capsules can cost as little as $ 0.30 per unit, which means you can get three comparable espressos for the price of just one shot of Nespresso. This means that you can drink enough coffee to increase your lifespan without having to open a piggy bank to do so.
Storage of Coffee Capsules
Coffee capsules are sealed, portioned and can be stored for up to two years. Capsules made from food-grade polymer or aluminum, as an insulated container, prevent coffee from spoiling inside. Coffee, vacuum-packed in food-grade polymer, is reliably protected from oxygen, which prevents oxidation. In the case of aluminum capsules, an additional food layer is also required for these purposes, which prevents the contact of ground grains with metal.
If coffee in beans can store all its taste for no more than a month, then packaged in capsules, ground coffee will not lose its taste, set by the region of growth and the right degree of roasting for twenty-four months, despite the stated period of one year on the package.
But at the same time, despite the tightness of the structure, do not neglect the simple rules for storing capsules:
- Do not leave the capsule package in the sun or the light.
- Do not put it in the refrigerator or freezer to avoid condensation.
- Do not open the capsules before they are placed in the coffee machine. The device itself will make holes in them, and your task is to maintain tightness.
A suitable storage solution would be factory packaging as well as room temperature. A cube or stand for storing capsules that do not take up much space in the kitchen will be the best solution for your home or office. These accessories are not only a good way to ensure the safety of coffee, but also have an elegant and minimalist design that fits perfectly into the interior. All this you can find on our website in the online store in the catalog of capsule storage systems.
Is it possible to drink expired coffee capsules?
We all know that foods are best consumed fresh, paying close attention to expiration dates. But what to do if a forgotten pack of favorite coffee in capsules was found in the closet, hidden on a rainy day. Well, do you take and throw out the treasure with your own hands? Let’s figure out whether it is possible to drink expired coffee in capsules and what the consequences of such a decision are fraught.
- The shelf life of the capsules is from 12 to 24 months, depending on the manufacturer.
- Feature capsules in their individual sealed packaging.
Each serving is stored in ideal conditions – a minimum of air, light, and moisture. Even the capsule removed from the general pack or box maintains tightness, carefully protecting the portion contained in it from external influences.
The expiration date indicated by the manufacturer on coffee packaging is the time during which this type of product retains its properties and characteristics to the maximum.
Therefore, this type of drink can be safely used even after the expiration of the official shelf life. The maximum that you risk – weakened aromatic qualities.
Coffee from a punctured or damaged capsule loses its properties within a few days.
Popular myths about the harm of capsule coffee
There are several common myths that we consider necessary to dispel. Consider the 3 most famous.
Myth 1. Coffee in capsules is fast food in the coffee world.
Proponents of this myth claim that the capsule may include not only coffee but also some additional substances that the manufacturer is silent about. This conspiracy theory has nothing to do with reality.
If you think logically – can a manufacturer lie to customers? This is prohibited by law. Manufacturers of other products honestly indicate the composition, so why should coffee manufacturers suddenly differ in something? The law is absolutely the same for everyone. The quality of coffee is also not satisfactory, because it is properly processed before packaging. And the tightness of the container allows you to keep the raw materials more saturated and aromatic.
Myth 2. Aluminum and plastic are very toxic.
Of course, this is not so. There are food grades of plastic and other polymers, and aluminum alone is harmful only in large quantities. Scientists conducted several studies and proved that no matter how coffee was prepared, it does not have a high content of aluminum ions and any derivatives of plastic. And this is understandable.
The materials from which coffee capsules are made are also used in the packaging of other goods. In particular, baby food. Can they be toxic? Of course not. Also, opponents of the aluminum claim that this material is dangerous when heated. Declaring this, they continue to calmly bake meat and fish, wrapping the products with foil. Very logical, you will not say anything.
Myth 3. Caffeine-free capsules are toxic
Proponents of this myth say that manufacturers extract caffeine using a method that spoils the beans and even makes them toxic. We will understand the basic methods for decaffeination of coffee:
- The traditional way. The beans are soaked in boiling water, and the caffeine itself is removed using a solvent. Part of the solvent remains in the beans, but it is by no means harmless.
- “Swiss water”. Green coffee is soaked in boiling water, which removes most of the caffeine along with taste and aroma. Further, the activated carbon filter delays caffeine and “returns” the lost.
- Compressed gas. Beans are placed in a container with water and carbon dioxide, which comes into a liquid state and is used as a solvent.
Note – coffee is processed at the bean stage, i.e. the above is suitable for any decaffeinated coffee. Capsules make the result neither worse nor better in this regard.
So it turns out that coffee in capsules is no worse than ordinary coffee. Just myths about him – a huge amount. Preservatives, GMOs, and other pseudo-harmful elements of food passed the same “myth test”. Drink delicious coffee and cast aside doubts!
Types of capsules and packaging
A capsule containing up to 9 g of coffee is filled with a certain amount of inert gas. Due to its low chemical activity, it prevents the oxidation of coffee in the capsule. The full tightness of the packaging is a guarantee of long-term storage without loss of nutritional properties. The composition of the blend and the packaging material affect the duration of this period: it can be from 8 months to a year and a half. This property favorably distinguishes coffee in capsules from a ground product packaged in packs in which it quickly loses its flavor, especially if the pack is already open. Depending on the material used, the coffee capsules can be aluminum, polymer, and combination.
- The material for polymer capsules are special polymers that are completely safe for the human body and the natural environment, so they are disposed of together with household waste. Unfortunately, using the best types of polymers is too expensive for manufacturers.
- Aluminum capsules, the material for which is a thin foil, provoke the ingress of ions of this metal into the human body. This occurs as a result of high-temperature exposure to the capsule walls. Contrary to the research of scientists who have proved the harm caused by aluminum ions to human health, the foil, however, continues to be actively used as packaging material. The reason for this is its cheapness. Some manufacturers claim that their capsules prevent these ions from entering coffee due to their special food coating.
- For the molding of capsules of the combined type, a combination of pressed paper, polymers and aluminum foil is used. Their top, made of foil, is opened in the apparatus, provoking the penetration of dangerous ions into the finished drink. The walls of capsules of this type are made from simple polymers. They should not be disposed of with food waste.
The history of the creation of Nespresso
Today, capsule coffee is considered quite familiar, it is popular in many countries.
And this story began in distant 1959. Inventors have long since begun to ponder over the possibility of selling coffee in portions so that lovers of this drink can enjoy it in any conditions and without much trouble or the need to grind beans on their own. So in the late fifties, coffee pills appeared. True, they didn’t look like tablets visually but looked more like well-known tea bags. They thought about this type of packaging as a convenient method of brewing coffee in offices and large companies.
Consumers appreciated this invention and after some time it began to be actively used both in offices and in homes. But, unfortunately, such a package could not ensure the complete preservation of the taste and aroma of coffee: it was exhausted, and besides, it absorbed odors through the bags. Therefore, the search for the perfect packaging continued…
In 1975, Eric Favre, a young Swiss engineer, and Nestle employee, walked through the streets of Rome with his wife and came across a small cafe. Having ordered a cup of espresso and tasted the drink, the young people were dumbfounded: the coffee that was served to them was tastier and richer than in all the other Italian establishments in which they had time to drop in.
Having carefully asked the barista, Favre learned the main secret: he did not immediately pass water through the ground beans, but several times exposed the coffee to hot steam. Returning to Switzerland, Favre applied his engineering skills and developed a hemisphere, at the base of which he built in a filter and a membrane. What evolved was a coffee capsule – an invention that revolutionized the coffee industry.
Eric Favre (Eric Favre), a scientist who worked in the laboratory of the world-famous corporation Nestle. It was he who invented the vacuum packaging, which allowed for a long time to store and quickly cook a delicious coffee, which did not differ in taste from a drink prepared by a professional.
In 1978, Favre patented his invention.
In the late eighties, through the efforts of Nestle and Lavazza, coffee capsules and special machines for its preparation began to be popular among connoisseurs and true connoisseurs of the drink. But it was too early to talk about the worldwide fame of this invention.
She came to this product in 1998, when Nestle Corporation was seriously engaged in the promotion of coffee capsules manufactured by her under the Nespresso brand. It should be noted that the campaign was so successful that many use the name Nespresso as a synonym for the phrase “coffee capsules”.
Nespresso capsule coffee has earned its popularity due to:
- economical coffee consumption (about 7 grams per cup);
- the coffee mixture in capsules is ideally selected from the best varieties of coffee, properly roasted and ground by the manufacturer;
- the constant quality of the drink at the exit of the coffee machine;
- cooking speed;
- It was not necessary to clean and wash a lot after preparing one cup. It just remained to throw away the used pill.
Coffee is very moody and requires great efforts to maintain its freshness, saturation, and aroma. The capsule allows you to do all this since each capsule is hermetically sealed. Coffee does not weather and retains the same taste and aroma for 1.5 years. At the same time, coffee in the capsule is not pressed.
The best coffee taste is obtained using a unique technology: a piston with needles pierces the capsule on one side and delivers hot water, water fills the capsule through the holes formed, and additional infusions of water lead to a pressure change in the capsule of up to 9 bar, after which the capsule is punctured on the other side and perfectly brewed coffee enters the cup.
Thanks to this technology, a product is obtained that will satisfy even the most demanding coffee connoisseurs.
I hope you liked the guide and you are now able to choose the best Nespresso compatible capsules.
Now I would like to know what you prefer: do you want to buy Nespresso pods for home or do you have a Nespresso machine at work?
It would be great if you could let me know in the comments. Your feedback is really important to me as it means I can create informative articles for you.
I’m the founder & resident Editor-in-Chief of MyFriendsCoffee. My life changed after friends gave me a coffee machine. When the idea of creating a blog came to my mind, I did not hesitate to call it “MyFriendsCoffee” out of gratitude. Now I have 5 years of experience making coffee and sharing it. I spend my free time with my children or playing hockey.